Assuming this acutally gets posted today (it will, I'm sure it will) I've actually managed to string together a run of two GHD Reviews. And not only that, I've put them online on the day they're supposed to go online.
Looking at my goals from the 8/8(/8) review it seems I haven't really achieved any of them (surprise, surprise). But, I do think I'm getting better - maybe. Probably better in some areas and worse in others.
- Showering in the evenings - I almost managed to establish showering in the evenings as a habit, but I'm constantly thwarted by frequent travel mixing things up. Mostly the travel gives my mind a green light to make up some feeble excuse and wiggle out of it.
- Shave everyday - I actually did string together quite a few days in a row after the last review day, but in the end this goal has met with massive failure. Just now thinking about it, I can't actually remember the last time I shaved. Probably at least 2 weeks ago.
- Eat when I'm hungry - I'm going to count this as a minor, tentative win. I've gone out to Sainsburys and bought myself a large stash of muesli bars to keep in a draw at work, and I'm even remembering to eat them.
- Drink water frequently - I'm definitely getting better at this, but there's still a bit to go. I've improved out of sight at work and fill my glass frequently. But now I'm finding that weekends are leaving me feeling noticeably parched. Another minor win with some further work to do.
- Utilise my diary - This has been far from a win. I'm not even sure I've picked it up once since the last review.
In the last review I also noted that I suffered from chronic inaction. The diary goal above was formulated to try and change that a bit (at least make me feel like I was on top of things), but I've realised I also had an unstated goal of getting myself partly back on the GTD band wagon and by Inbox Zero. Although I have been very bad with email this month - my inbox went over 100 items several times and the oldest item was (and still is) from way back in June - I'm very pleased to have got to Inbox Zero Status: 4 just this afternoon.
In conclusion, I've had a couple of minor wins, but mostly failures. I'm going to keep the same stated goals as last month and keep trying to establish them as habits.