Man, I am soo busy at the moment - and I haven't even started back at uni yet. Uni starts next week and I will have three contact hours per week this semester.
I know that makes it sound pretty easy but I am doing a project subject with no contact hours which will have MANY hours of work.
I had a packed day today - here's how it went down.
- 5:00am - be woken by the same DAMN bird that has woken me every day this week.
- 5:05am - fall asleep.
- 7:13am - wake up, realise I'm late and decided to stay in bed for a while longer.
- 7:20am - shower and spend 35 MINUTES de-linting my pants and ironing my shirt.
- 8:00am - start breakfast and realise that I'm WAY too late to catch the bus.
- 8:25am - drive in to work.
- 9:00am - get to work and hurriedly prepare for my 9am meeting.
- 10:00am - finish meeting and work flat out answering 18 new emails and preparing for my next meeting at 12:00noon.
- 12:00noon - get to the MAMOTH THREE HOUR MEETING THAT DOESN'T REALLY APPLY TO ME1!
- 3:20pm - finish the MAMOTH THREE HOUR MEETING THAT DOESN'T REALLY APPLY TO ME! LATE!!!!!
- 3:25pm - after a short break, try and fix a report that needs to be emailed off and finish responding to emails mentioned earlier in the day.
- 4:00pm - meet with a guy from a Melbourne venture capital firm.
- 5:00pm - leave and try and make it to my car before the ticket guy.
- 5:15pm - get to my car and find that I have an hour longer than I thought.
- 6:00pm - get home and head straight back out to return the brand new wizz bang blender we got last weekend that promptly blew up on us.
- 6:30pm - get to Rebel Sports to try and get some shoes suitable to play indoor soccer in at 7:30.
- 6:50pm - after choosing 3 different pairs only to find they didn't have my size I finally found a pair that I liked and that fit, only to be held up at the register for 20mins because their eftpos was down and nobody knew the number for manual credit card authorisations.
- 7:10pm - race home to try and find and change into some suitable clothes in which to play soccer.
- 7:30pm - miraculously make it to soccer on time.
- 8:30pm-ish - telling the time is difficult after being thrashed at indoor soccer.
- 8:45pm - get home and have dinner while watching the final in a fantastic series on the ABC about human development.
- 9:15pm - start opening the wads of mail we received today.
- 10:00pm - email about some of the mail and answering emails that people have sent me. As well as answering some questions on financial theory at the YNOT forum
- 11:00pm - decide I'm still hungry and make a milk shake with our last remaining food - this pleases Laura immensely as she is still up marking students' assignments.
- 11:45pm - write this.
- 12:06am - go to have a shower thinking how tired I'll be tomorrow and how packed that day will be as well.
I hope you enjoyed my day.
In case you hadn't noticed the title to this post is a Haiku (just something else I managed to fit into the day - learning the structure of a Haiku).
- To be fair, the meeting was fairly interesting and we did get lunch [↩]